I had the opportunity to discuss WHY this happens and HOW to become an effective coach in a recent interview with Andy Paul on his excellent podcast, Accelerate!
Andy’s show covers topics like sales, leadership, management, training and coaching. Andy’s own work is focused on sales managers and salespeople, and he's written two excellent books that should be on the shelves of anyone in sales: Zero Time Selling and Amp Up Your Sales.
The topics we covered in our time together apply to any leaders and individuals interested in their own development.
I invite you to listen to this interview and learn:
- The difference between MANAGING and COACHING
- Why some managers avoid the coaching role
- How managers can become more effective coaches
- 5 questions a manager can ask when an employee makes a mistake or a salesperson loses a sale
- Why an attitude of SERVICE beats sales tactics in building a relationship
- How to use listening to stand out